Here I stand
Passage: 2 Timothy 2:15–2:15
In October 1517, Martin Luther crafted his 95 theses, which challenged the authority of the pope and the substance of church beliefs. He nailed his 95 theses to the front door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg, Germany igniting what we now know as the Protestant Reformation. Church Reformers taught and defended foundational Christian beliefs called the “5 Solas” and made clear that salvation comes by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone.
- Sola Scriptura (“Scripture alone”): The Bible alone is our highest authority.
- Sola Fide (“faith alone”): We are saved through faith alone in Jesus Christ.
- Sola Gratia (“grace alone”): We are saved by the grace of God alone.
- Solus Christus (“Christ alone”): Jesus Christ alone is our Lord, Savior, and King.
- Soli Deo Gloria (“to the glory of God alone”): We live for the glory of God alone.