Children's Bible Our Kids Enjoy
Over the years of having family worship with our children, Erikah and I have found these Bibles to be most helpful:
- Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones: This Bible Is marvelously written and illustrated with each story pointing to Jesus. I particularly love the way it explains God’s steadfast love (hesed) and the story of Rachel & Leah.
- Read with Me Bible; An NIrV Story Bible for Children by D. Jones: My son especially loved the illustrations, but we have found that it brings kids through the Bible from Genesis to Revelation in a way that kids can grasp without compromising truth. Even before my son could read he would flip through pages that captured his biblical imagination.
- The Praise Bible: 52 Bible Stories for Enjoying God's Goodness and Greatness: We love the prayer and praise reflections in this Bible. It’s a great help as it leaves each story with pointing kids to thank God and teaches them how to pray through Scripture. Check out the parable of the soils in this one!
- Early Readers Bible by G. Beers: As soon as kids can read, this Bible gives them the opportunity to begin learning how to feed themselves. That’s a huge milestone and something that is fun to celebrate with them.
- Day-by-Day Kids Bible by K. Henley: This one our daughter reads on her own. It breaks up the Bible into manageable daily readings that covers every chapter in the Bible. I’m impressed by how it’s able to cover even obscure texts or not so popular Bible stories.
- Inspire Bible NLT: The Bible for Creative Journaling: This Bible is great for helping artistically minded readers engage what they're learning in a creative way. Our daughters loves it!
More in Blog
July 19, 2018Mi Historia: Unknown and Untold Stories of the Latino Protestant Church in America
June 6, 2018DNA Discipleship 2018
December 31, 2017Church-Wide Fasting